[Zope-dev] Multi-threaded pcgi vs single-threaded pcgi

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 23:19:30 +0100

Remi Delon writes:
 > The solution I want to use is to start Zope in multi-threaded pcgi
 > mode, using the standard "Zope/start" script with the correct flags (-p)
 > This works fine, as long as I manually execute the start script. But
 > if Zope ever crashes, I would like Apache (maybe through pcgi-wrapper)
 > to automatically restart Zope in multi-threaded pcgi mode, when
 > someone requests a page.
There are supervisor scripts around (--> mailing list archives)
that continously check Zopes availability and restart, if it
becomes unavailable.

Not precisely what you want, but maybe sufficient....

Dieter