[Zope-dev] delObject errors and aq_base

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:56:10 -0400

I received an error message when attempting to delete an
object:

Error Value: examples does not exist

'examples' is a folder from the Zope tutorial.  In my
messing around, I have found that this occurs because
OFS/ObjectManager, in method _getObj, calls (more
or less):

hasattr(aq_base(self), id)

This returns 0 unless I change it to:

hasattr(self, id)

Further checking shows that self is of type
Acquisiton.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper but that aq_base(self) is
of type OFS.Folder.Folder.

Is this a bug?  Is my ZODB hosed (I do a lot of weird stuff)?
Any workaround besides changing the code, deleting the objects
and changing the code back? Any side-effects to that approach?
What did I do to get it like this?

--
John Ziniti
Channing Laboratory