[Zope-dev] declarePublic and users

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:46:08 +1000

Chris McDonough wrote:

>Itai Tavor wrote:
>>Where is this new wind of cooperation and helpfulness coming from?
>>Not that I'm complaining, but I get suspicious when an unusually
>>high number of good things start to happen all at once.
>
>Shane and Andreas are the people you really need to thank for these
>two particualr issues.  There is nothing corporate, magical, or
>cultural about it.  It's basically just two guys working really hard.
>
>Note that other folks have pet peeve lists too, so what makes you
>happy probably makes somebody else say "why are they wasting time on
>that?! the real problem is over *here*" ;-)  But hopefully extending
>commit privileges to people outside of ZC (imminent) will break the
>bugfix bottleneck slightly.  In the meantime, please be nice to
>Shane and Andreas, they are really the two guys who spend the most
>time poring over collector issues.

I didn't mean to be disrespectful or to imply that I'm not grateful
to the people making these fixes. I'm always grateful for all the
work everyone at Zope Corp are doing. And any fix to an old problem
is good, no matter when it comes.

I just think that when problems that are very easy to fix get dragged
forever, and continue to inconvenience people for no good reason,
then this is certainly a corporate/culture problem. If opening the
CVS helps to change this, I'm for one will be very happy to have less
things to complain about, and I'm sure other people would be happy
about that ;-)
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"      --