[Zope-dev] Re: LoginManager, dtml-in prefix?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 09:34:17 +0100

> broken, which caused me a lot of trouble. I'm just not looking
> forward to finding out what new problems LM got in 2.4. If anyone
> tells me there aren't any, I'd be very glad.

Hmmm... These sort of problems do occur when products fall into an
unmaintained state as LoginManager and ZPatterns have :-(

> It's what used to be my biggest pet peeve. It comes from using
> sequence_xxx aliases in dtml-in loops (using a patched DT_In.py),
> which ZC refused to incorporate into Zope, instead implementing the
> prefix="..." feature.

well, I never did understand their objections, but lets not drag it up
again...

> So all dtml-in loops, in all my projects, are
> going to break in 2.4.

Why don't you just redo the patch so it works on 2.4 as well?

cheers,

Chris