[Zope-dev] Pre-process a REQUEST before Zope does anything else

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:49:50 +0200

Hello!

I am, uh..., reluctant to dig thru more code that I allready have, so if
some one has an easy answer for the following I'd be a gratefull :-)

For my user_folder product project(*), I need to be able do some processing
for each and every request that is sent to zope to determine some
enviromental thingies, *before* the request is processed by the main zope
mechanisms. I would like this to happen transparently (i need to check into
a database and do some time-out calculations to determine whether the
session is still valid).

Is there such a hook in AccessControl or in any other place? How to the
various sessionmanagers deal with this?

Thanks,

/dario

(*) it's not a new one, it's a customisation of an existing, and code will
be provided to the original author so he can decide if it should be or not
included in the product.
Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services