[Zope-dev] Getting Unauthorized from __bobo_traverse__.

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:22:37 -0400

Steve Alexander wrote:

> ... which you can't use from restricted things like (Script) Pythons and
>  DTML Methods. So, the answer lies in External Methods and Python
> Products. If only I could remember what the question was...

There was a bug, fixed in 2.4.1, with restrictedTraverse across
__bobo_traverse__ when the security is controlled by the container
rather than the target object.  If you grab OFS/Traversal.py (I think)
from the CVS root, it should fix the problem.

Cheers,

Evan @ Zope