[Zope-dev] DISCUSS: Community checkins for CVS

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:04:09 -0400

Here's the answer, added to the FAQ (but I haven't updated the page yet):

   7) Can I provide my contributions under a different license, as
   stated in the License section of the Zope Contributor Agreement?

     In summary, yes but no.  You don't pick the license that you use
     when you give it to us.  Rather, we pick the license to give it to
     others (for our 1/2), and that license is the ZPL.  You, however,
     can pick any license in the world to give the code to anyone other
     than us.

     This language about a different acceptible license is there in
     case we decide at some point to change from the ZPL to a different
     open source license.

Make sense?

--Paul