[Zope-dev] Vulnerability: attacking can get file list and directory

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:37:30 -0400

On Monday 24 September 2001 10:59 am, Shane Hathaway allegedly wrote:
[snip]
> PDV just yields information you might give out anyway.  But maybe we
> could deal with it anyway by writing an "error.log" instead of sending
> the traceback to the browser.  What do you think?
>
> Shane

My suggestion would be to hide it for all users except Managers by default.
So that you aren't hosed if you don't have access to the server log files...

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org