[Zope-dev] Zope on Windows: enhancements proposed

Adrian Hungate adrian@haqa.co.uk
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 07:26:56 +0100

I have to disagree about the Zope (%s), I have been known to run 2 or 3 Zope
services, for different instances, and I always know that I can find them
all huddled together at the bottom of the Service Manager - Very useful.

Adrian...

--
Adrian Hungate
Try Zope -
    http://www.zope.org
        - You might like it.
If you do, try my Zope products -
    http://www.zope.org/Members/haqa
        - You might like them too!

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy [mailto:andy@agmweb.ca]
Sent: 25 September 2001 05:23
To: richard@bizarsoftware.com.au; zope-dev@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Zope on Windows: enhancements proposed

> We'd like to propose that the service distributed with Zope move over to
> using our code.

Great, Im really looking forward to an improved Windows installation. But
lets get it out there play with it before anything major happens like
shipping Zope with it :)

http://www.oreilly.com/software/index.html
> ... and since Zope is a fairly distinctive name ...

It is annoying but Zope wins there because OReilly isnt making WebSite
anymore. Its just a name, I find the Zope (%s) bit more annoying than
anything :)

> ps. happy to put this up as a project if required.

Thats probably a good idea. What about other issues such as install and
removing service easily later, STDERR logging not going to /dev/null, lack
of start menu icons and other windows issues...

Cheers
--
  Andy McKay