[Zope-dev] zcatalog and versions

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:48:56 +0200

Hi,
I'm resending this to zope-dev because on zope
nobody answered, it would be very nice if someone
could step up with a small hint.

Can somenone briefly explain what exactly gets
locked in zope 2.3.3's catalog when it tries to
index an object which is hold in a version?
The whole catalog?

I found some answers which indicate that it has
to do with the catalog when we see version lock errors
where there shouldn't be any (from a naive POV).
I would like to know how far reaching these problems
are, because I'm currently rewriting an application,
and I might be able to work around that.

Do these problems still persist in zope 2.4.x?

cheers,
oliver