[Zope-dev] __bobo_traverse__, restrictedTraverse and PageTemplates

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:52:31 +0000 (UTC)

Shane Hathaway  <shane@zope.com> wrote:
> > If anybody has any lights on how I can write the __bobo_traverse__ I
> > need...
>
> I'm assuming you're using TALES traversal as opposed to ZPublisher
> traversal, right?  It lets you view the objects directly through the
> web, doesn't it?

Yes, TALES traversal. Actually I didn't even get to see the object
through the web because the error occured in the view method.

> Have you considered implementing __getitem__() instead of
> __bobo_traverse__()?

No I hadn't, but I should have ! Thanks for the idead, for my needs it
does the job perfectly.

> I'm inclined to tell you the restrictedTraverse() method is wrong, and
> that container should be computed as the aq_inner of the aq_parent,
> but we something might depend on the current behavior.

I believe it's wrong too, but at this point there's too much voodoo in
these parts of Zope that it'll take Zope 3 to clean all that up :)

Florent