[Zope-dev] Splitter problem #3

Petter Enholm Petter Enholm" <pe@snapper.no
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:27:24 +0200

Hi,

Like other people on the list I get problems with the splitter. I checked
out latest version of Zope from cvs today, compiled wo_pcgi.py and started
Zope. Running nicely. Then I shut down Zope and copied in a Data.fs file
from Zope 2.4.3 - which by the way runs nicely on Zope 2.5.1-b1.

When I now attempt to restart Zope I get several errors, among others this
one:

2002-04-03T18:01:41 ERROR(200) Zope Couldn't install PageTemplates
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py, line 639, in
install_product
    (Object: Zope)
    (Info: PageTemplates)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/__init__.py, line
28, in initialize
  File
/usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/ZopePageTemplate.py, line
342, in initialize
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/App/ProductContext.py, line 318, in
registerHelp
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/App/ProductContext.py, line 244, in
registerHelpTopic
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 290, in
_setObject
    (Object: Help)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/HelpSys/HelpTopic.py, line 79, in
manage_afterAdd
    (Object: PageTemplate_Edit.stx)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/HelpSys/HelpTopic.py, line 92, in
index_object
    (Object: PageTemplate_Edit.stx)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/ZCatalog.py, line 476,
in catalog_object
    (Object: catalog)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/Catalog.py, line 366, in
catalogObject
  File
/usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/TextIndex/TextIndex.py,
line 306, in index_object
    (Object: SearchableText)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 505, in setstate
SystemError: Failed to import class Splitter from module
Products.PluginIndexes.TextIndex.Splitter.ZopeSplitter

I checked the directory containing ZopeSplitter and I saw that the
__init__.py file was empy. I copied on the one from Zope-2.5.1-b1 - and Zope
starts without problems.  I am curious now, what is the problem here ? Can I
continue running with the __init__.py from older Zope version or is there
other things that must be done to my installation.

Best regards
Petter Enholm
Snapper