[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Are there Graphic Designers?

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 23:36:29 -0600

>Perhaps we should take Lalo's suggestion further and collect a list of
>existing designs that show what real graphic talent has been able to
>accomplish.  Some of the newer weblogs, wikis, forums, portals etc. out
>there are looking almost, well, beautiful.  Here's an example from YABB
>(Yet Another Bulletin Board): http://www.yabb.info/community/.  I'm sure
>there are many more that might provide inspiration.

Good stuff too.

>One design consideration is how much to rely on CSS.  Looking under the
>hood (ie, viewing the source) for some of these "slick" designs reveals
>modest to sophisticated dependence on CSS.  But I think the days of
>worrying how it's going to look on Netscape 4 should be just about
>over.  What say??

I think we can safely rely on CSS. Common, Zope 3 is a new product, and if
someone needs to make it backward Browser-compatible, he can always
implement a less fancy CSS-free skin.

I want a product that is as slick as possible. The best-looking Zope-like
product I have found so far is Westside.com; you used to get a trial
account, but this seems to be deactivated. So go through the tutorial,
since it has screenshots.

Regards,
Stephan

--