[Zope-dev] Re: ZMI / JavaScript brainstorm

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:46:00 +0100

"Charles Y. Choi" wrote:

> Yes, and though your PUT_factory override is a great thing, it's an
> unsupported patch: that is,
> it's not part of the standard packaging of Zope.

Urm, PUT_factory has been a standard part of Zope for some time now...

> The conventions you
> use (# for PythonScripts)
> are not clearly documented.

That's because I've overridden the default PUT_Factory, hich is one of its
strengths, you can customise it ;-)

>  And as much as I'd love to to chuck DTML,
>  ZPT is still buggy
> in 2.5.0 - (try creating a page template for the view method of a ZClass).

ZClasses are a waste of time, even more so than DTML. I've not experienced any
bugs in ZPT when used in a sane context.

> As far as emacs goes, it uses file extensions to automatically determine
> what mode to be in.

yes, and? *grinz*

cheers,

Chris