[Zope-dev] RedstrictedCreation proposal

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar@maximam.com
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:43:15 +0300

Toby Dickenson wrote:

> Re: http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/RestrictedCreation
>
> This proposal from Itamar has been up on dev.zope.org for a while, proposing
> a way for a registered type to control whether or not it can be added to a
> container, or a per-container basis.
>
> I now have an implementation of this in CVS in the toby-metatypes-branch. I
> propose this goes into zope 2.6. Any comments?

Cool!

I hear CMF 1.3 has some sort of restricted creation thing in it (other than
the Types tool ability to limit things from the container's side.) It may
just be "this object is not addable by default", and then the container
would say explicitly that the object is addable in it. Anyone familiar with
the details?