[Zope-dev] Re: ZClasses useful! [Was: ZMI / JavaScript brainstorm]

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:52:00 -0700

> What's your efford on this task? If people like to use them, let them!
> It's not up to you to decide for THEM what's best or not. The choice for
> YOURSELF not to use them is just as fair as other peoples choices.

Sure but many people ask more experienced developers for advice. I agree
saying ZClasses suck totally is unhelpful. For people who dont know coding
or want to do quick prototyping they have a place. However if someone asks
me how to do a product, I normally give them the choice: use ZClasses but I
would strongly recommend using a Product etc (and then be ready with the
reasons why which is the next question).

Unfortunately people deciding the right and wrong ways for other people to
code is a trait sometimes found in Python / Zope world. But dont get me
started on that :)
--
  Andy McKay