[Zope-Coders] Re: [Zope-dev] Speaking of 2.6...

Mario Valente mvalente@ruido-visual.pt
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:41:50 +0100

At 01:30 10-04-2002 +0300, Myroslav Opyr wrote:
>Ok. Let's find out what we have and what we want. First of all we have
>strict hierarchy in ZODB where each object appears only once in the
>tree. Thus to access to an object it is only one way from root down to
>an object through containers.

>The idea is to allow user to specify several points of presence (pop)
>for an object.

  Precisely. My first hack solves this and I've been using it OK in
 production sites.

  But I didnt like the fact that an object "point of presence" in the
 Zope tree was identical in every instance. That leads to confusion.

  My second hack creates a ProxyObject class thus allowing for
 a different metatype and a different icon. This reduces confusion. And
 you can also provide a management tab with links to the "original" object
 "point of presence".

  I tried using Python 2.1 Proxy classes but Acquisition wasnt "proxiable"...

  C U!

  -- MV