[Zope-dev] Overriding HTTPResponse.unauthorized()

Matt Behrens matt.behrens@kohler.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:08:56 -0400

I've got some rather funky auth requirements where I need to stop Zope
from challenging Basic authentication when Unauthorized is raised.

I seem to be able to do this if I monkey-patch
HTTPResponse.unauthorized(), but what I'd really like is to be able to
hook into it to make a user folder-overridable challenge with a fallback
to the standard unauthorized.  Maybe such a hook would be useful in 2.6 :-)

So, given that, can I get to the user folder from
HTTPResponse.unauthorized()?  Or are there any better ideas?