[Zope-dev] Speaking of 2.6...

Janko Hauser jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:54:06 +0200

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:47:49 -0400
"Brian Lloyd" <brian@zope.com> wrote:

> ...I sent out a note a while ago now trying to scare up
> some ideas on how to vet the current list of 2.6 proposals
> and get to a final "plan". I didn't get much (any?) response :(

Hello Brian,

just to give some feedback and ask for guidance with the further
process. My college, Nils Kassube, has implemented the proposed
features, regarding an enhanced MailHost, namely the usage of
timeoutsocket in the SMTP-module and the archiving of outgoing mails.
We also asked the programmer of timeoutsocket for permission, although
the module has a BSD-license. He has no problem with the incorporation
of the module into the Zope2 code base.

Our current plan is to upload a patch to the collector, so other
people, specifically people with a server setup under windows can test
this and to send a note to Zope-Dev seeking for feedback. I have
checkin privileges and also signed the the necessary papers, so later
I can integrate the patch into the code base.

Would it be enough to put a documentation in the proposal wiki and is
the proposal sufficient? Should we take other actions?

We would like to have this incorporated. Please take this mail as a
commitment notification :-).

Thanks for any answers,
with regards,

__Janko Hauser

--
i.A. Dr. Janko Hauser
Software Engineering

http://www.comunit.de/	mailto:jh@comunit.de
Eiffestr. 598		20537 Hamburg | Germany
Fon 040 | 21 11 05 25	Fax  040 | 21 11 05 26