[Zope-dev] Speaking of 2.6...

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:09:47 +0100

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:54:12 -0600, Jeffrey P Shell
<jeffrey@cuemedia.com> wrote:

>On 4/17/02 9:56 AM, "Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> If folks still want OrderedFolder (or, at least ordering capability) =
in the
>> core I'm still willing to help with that.

>For "add-to-the-core" functionality, I'll vote +0.5.  I wouldn't mind =
seeing
>it in the core, but I also like the idea someone mentioned of a sort of
>"expansion pack" of other good products that was well maintained =
alongside
>each core release.

I agree with both of these two points that Jeffrey made. It is a sore
omission from the core, but I cant see any place to hook the user
interface that doesnt amount to "bloat" for many folders that dont
need.

Does it make sense to include an ObjectManager.manage_reorderItems
method in the core, but leave the user interface to expansion pack
products ?

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com