[Zope-dev] PHP vs Zope cost benefit

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:35:06 +0200

From: "Jason Spisak" <jspisak@lycoris.com>
> I think Oliver's point about transaction safety is a big win.
> I might convince them just on that.  But I'm still looking for
> more ammunition.

Basic things from the top of my head:

- Full OO = short development time = cheaper development.

- Integrated security = less chances of unsecure scripts.

- Transactational security.

- Undoable transactions.

- Integrated user management.

- Transparent scalability.

- Integrated rights/permission management.
( No, it's true that they probably do not need better permission management
than they can build with PHP. But with Zope you don't have to build it at
all. It's alredy there.)

These are the things you get for free with Zope that you don't get with PHP.
I have also probably missed out on several.