[Zope-dev] PHP vs Zope cost benefit

Jason Spisak jspisak@lycoris.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:28:49 -0700

Oliver,

Thanks, that's an important distinction.  Not just one
transaction item, but all the items you group into one
'business transaction' within the Zope application.  Meaning
(not that it's the case here) multiple different database
writes, yes?  Powerful stuff.

I must have misinterpreted the presentation and business logic
issue.  While there will always be conditionals and certain
small expressions in the presentation, it's the omission of the
'fetch, compute, allow' type stuff that makes the separation.

I guess you can do this in PHP, since the display scripts can
just call other pure PHP scripts and pass arguments. So that's
not really as large a win.  But with Zope, the ease is
'builtin' rather than 'programmed' in.  Thanks again.

--
Jason Spisak
Marketing Director, Lycoris