[Zope-dev] RE: [ZC] 365/ 2 Reject "metadata in Catalog is space inefficient"

Jay, Dylan djay@avaya.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:02:26 +1000

I specifically stated a FieldIndex, not TextIndex. It is a special case, but
when your talking a huge Catalog this could be a lot of extra data. If you
want to make it more general, perhaps a PluginIndex could advertise itself
as "metadata" capable. When someone adds a metadata field it checks to see
if an existing index supports returning of metadata for an RID.