[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope Book call for assistance

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
06 Dec 2002 21:27:19 -0500

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 19:13, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> These are exactly the things you shouldn't neither do in DTML
> nor in ZPT :-)

What do you suggest people use for a templating language for email,
JavaScript, SQL, etc?  I think it's too much to expect them to use
Python to do this (esp. wrt SQL methods).

> I'd start the lessons with ZPT to only show static content
> and may be macros.
> Then the logical order would be introduction to python
> scripts without HTML output - only show how they are
> used to calculate and output simple values, lists,
> dictionaries and so on.
> Next chapter should show how one uses the scripts with
> ZPT to provide output into HTML.
> Then the usual things like Catalog, ZSQL, important
> API parts, etc.
>
> Don't you think this would be clearer for the beginner?

Sure.  I'd love to rewrite the entirety of the Zope Book.  But please
notice that I'm asking for help finishing the existing chapters, so I
don't think this is a realistic goal.

- C