[Zope-dev] Zope 2.6.0 ZMI Problem for CJK(Collector 623) patch.

Kazuya FUKAMACHI kf@atransia.co.jp
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:15:37 +0900

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:12:19 -0800
Heiichiro NAKAMURA <nheiich@quantumfusion.com> wrote:
> 2) Russian patch:
>      http://itconnection.ru/pipermail/zopyrus/2002-November/001388.html

+0.5

 i) I like such an approach.

 -  <select name="<dtml-var id>:utf8:text">
 +  <select name="<dtml-var id>:<dtml-var management_page_charset>:text">

 i') using newly implemented function management_page_charset_default(),
    it can set the value of default management_page_charset.
    This avoids hard coding of default value.

 ii) but this patch may have a few troubles in Japnanese environment.

    This code returns 'eucJP' in many Japanese environment.
      charset = locale.getlocale()[1]
    And
      codecs.lookup(charset) ==> codecs.lookup('eucJP')
    will fail, because there are no entry for 'eucJP', but 'euc-jp'
    and 'ujis'. I think it is possible to add 'eucJP' entry to
    JapaneseCodecs as an alias for 'euc-jp'. So, it's not a big problem.
    (I don't know why JapaneseCodecs doesn't have 'eucJP' alias.)

    If the problem above has been solved,
    the value of management_page_charset maybe set to 'eucJP',
    and it leads to another problem.
    If management_page_charset returns 'eucJP', then header should be
        RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type','text/html; charset=eucJP')
    It is not common way as a Content-Type header.
    We prefer
       RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type','text/html; charset=EUC-JP')

    And also, it does not work in Windows environment.
    This code returns (None, None).
      locale.getlocale()[1]

 iii) I guess modification to class PropertyManager seems
    to fix http://collector.zope.org/Zope/697

   Basically, it's interesting approach, but still needed to be brush up.

> 5) Toby's proposal

I hope +1.
I'm not satisfied with (1)-(4).
So, I would like to wait for Toby's implementation.

1) Nakagami Patch:
     http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2002-November/018177.html

 As I wrote sometime ago, this approach has problems.

3) TAHARA's patch:
     http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2002-November/018198.html

   He said;
    Fri, 06 Dec 2002 11:30:39 +0900
    Sorry, I noticed that my patch is defective.
    It is failure when object has own Property:-(

4) Rollback approach:
     Rollback some hassle code back to old & safe one.

   This is the last resort.

Regards,
Kazuya Fukamachi