[Zope-dev] BUG: ValueError while changing height of the template edit window

Dmitry Vasiliev dima@hlabs.spb.ru
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:43:09 +0300

Casey Duncan wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 December 2002 03:14 pm, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
>>>Can we get the same patch without the generic "except:", please?
>>>
>>>the last thing I want is a database corruption caused by resizing the
>>>Edit box...
>>
>>Why would this particular except clause cause database corruption?
>
> I think Leonard is refering to catching ConflictErrors. However I don't think
> int() touches the database ;^).

I saw "try: int() except:" pattern in many places through all the Zope
code. I think catching ValueError only does the job, but then we should
replace it in all the places. :-)

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)