[Zope-dev] self = self.this() in Factory Methods [Was: Dynpersist.so and makefile.pre.in]

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 21:40:51 +0100

At 01.02.2002 10:44 -0500, R. David Murray wrote:

>You might also want to check out
>
>     http://www.zope.org/Members/TheJester/exUserFolder
>
>--RDM

All,

Please have a look at my patch for XUF at
<http://www.zope.org/Members/shh/Patches/exUserFolder-0.10.4.patch>

I believe that manage_addexUserFolder() is faulty, in that it does not call
the FactoryDispatcher's this() before assigning to self.__allow_groups__.

My point is that 'self' is initially referring to a FactoryDispatcher
(App/FactoryDispatcher.py) which does *not* define __setattr__().

I believe this to be the reason for issues surrounding XUF like
"undeletable" userfolders where the __allow_groups__ attribute appears to
be installed in the wrong place.

Please give this a sanity check, so that either I can take down the patch
or the XUF maintainers can fix their product.

I am CC-ing AKM on this as I have regrettably lost our correspondence and
only remember that my patch had been rejected for some reason ;-)

Thanks,
Stefan