[Zope-dev] hiding tabs in manage view

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 19:05:06 +0100

Hi!

I remember that someone posted that question before, but I didn't find it.
So here it is again:

In the latest Zope versions, if a user has no rights to see a certain
management tab in the ZMI, it is shown anyway. If he clicks on it, he'll get
an authentication request, so the method behind the tab IS secured.

Is that a new feature or a bug?

I know that I can use filters to control which tabs are shown, but that one
is a bit painful compared with the old approach. E.g., instead of being able
to include all tabs from ObjectManager by adding
ObjectManager.manage_options to the manage_options, I'd have to add them one
by one and put filters in place for each tab.

Joachim