[Zope-dev] Re: bug in VirtualHostMonster in 2.5.0

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
21 Feb 2002 15:57:20 -0300

On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 11:01, Adam Manock wrote:
> I can confirm that throwing this at a Zope 2.5.0 root VirtualHostMonster:
>
> http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/example.org:80/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_zopeRoot/
>
> provides a page with this link:
>
> http://example.org//zopeRoot/p_/ZopeButton
>
> and on 2.4.4 you get:
>
> http://example.org/zopeRoot/p_/ZopeButton
>

> This would suggest that VHM is indeed broken in 2.5.0, or at least the
> combined result of VHM and HTTPRequest.py URL munging is broken.

The patch I provided doesn't touch VHM, so I'm thinking more on the
lines of your second conclusion.

Now the funny thing is, the patch also applies to Zope 2.4.x (2.4.3,
that I checked). Seems HTTPRequest.setVirtualRoot() was broken all
along, it's just thatZope 2.4.x VHM doesn't call it when parsing a
VirtualHostRoot directive, limiting itself to manipulate the path stack
in the REQUEST (see VirtualHostMonster.__call__() method).

Cheers, Leo

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.