[Zope-dev] Zope 2.6 planning - call for contributors!

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:00:03 -0500

Hi all -

Paul sent a note to zope-coders some time back fishing for
some feedback regarding planning for a Zope 2.6 (excepted):

> I propose that planning for a 2.6 focus on the following thoughts:
>
> 1) This release is more about community-contributed work than
> ZC-contributed work.
>
> Ultimately the things that go in 2.6 will be governed by what people in
> the community are willing to contribute.
>
> So far the extent of contributions has been minor.  Do we need to widen
> the pool?  Or do we instead try to get new contributors on the
> Zope3 track?

There wasn't much response to this when it was originally posted.
Now that 2.5.1 is nearly out the door, it's time to start planning
for a Zope 2.6. I've started a 2.6 plan on the dev site at:

http://dev.zope.org/Resources/zope_260_plan.html

I wholeheartedly agree that 2.6 needs to be significantly a community
effort. While I know that many people are engaged in the Zope 3 effort,
we also need to get some people engaged on defining and producing
2.6 in the interim. There is not much on the plan right now, so the
possibilities are relatively wide open :) Let's get a discussion
started to define 2.6.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
Software Engineer  540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com