[Zope-dev] CMF attribute horror or too many [t|T]itles

Romain Slootmaekers romain@zzict.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:26:26 +0100 (CET)

Yo dudes,
just a stupid simple question:
After wrestling with the documentation, I have created my own CMF content
type and it actually works except for some details. In retrospect, it was
90% code browsing, and 10% useful
documentation,... cmf is fun, but the cmf dogbowl really sucks ..

Anyway,
The type I created has a method
def Title(self,REQUEST=None):

and that gets used by some of the skins,
The meta data of the object also has an attribute Title, which is used by
the Topics for indexing,

Now my problem: when a topic lists one of my objects, it lists them with

 <li> <a href="&dtml-objURL;"><dtml-var Title>.</a> </li>

but neither my Title() method nor the Meta-data's Title attribute gets
to be used. I get an empty string.
Where does that one come from ?

To make it even more confusing, the object also acquires a title attribute
from somewhere higher up the acquisition tree.

PS:
I noticed the same problem when adding fi a File object through the zope
management api instead of the portal management interface.

Anyone any clues ?

TIA,

Sloot.