[Zope-dev] Using Queue within a Zope product

Max Slimmer Max.Slimmer@veritas.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:12:16 -0800

I need to put messages into a queue from within a Zclass, and then get and
process them from an external long running process.

I have created a class which imports a derivative of queue, the class
instantiates a queue as a class object.  The idea is that the queue will use
a persistent object for the queue (list), and then some external process can
also use the same object(list) in its queue processing. Both the zclasses
that inherit from this queue and the external process must use the same
mutexes...

Questions:
1 Should the queue.queue object be made persistent or should we instantiate
it with an external list which is the persistent object. Can either of these
be done an how.

2. Assuming we can do something like the above what are the considerations
wrt package distribution.

Max Slimmer
Solutions Architect               eMail: Max.Slimmer@veritas.com
Service Development - ECS         Office:(707)829-2450
VERITAS Software Inc.             Cell:  (707)280-9299