[Zope-dev] Upgrading to python 2.1.2 and Zope 2.5b4

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:15:37 -0500

Hi Tony,

The combination of Zope 2.4.4 and Python 2.1.2 will be the "right"
combination.  If you can't wait for Zope 2.4, you can use Zope 2.5
(which I believe already has the requisite fixes), although of course
it's still in beta.

I think you'll need to recompile your extensions -- I'm not sure that
it's strictly necessary but it is at least the safest thing to do.  This
presumes at least running "python wo_pcgi.py" against your software home
and re-"Make"-ing your 3rd part extenions with the new Python.h, etc.

- C

--
Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com