[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Error on install

Eron Lloyd lloyd@lancaster.lib.pa.us
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:21:07 -0500

Yeah, I caught that this morning. Seems like the test/ directory is causing
more trouble than I though, huh ;-) ? I'm in the process of applying a custom
patch to lib/python2.1/compileall.py that adds a new parameter and code suite
to compile_dir() to accept a list of dir. names to skip over during the
recursive traversal. This way we can specify to skip over test/ entirely
(without deleting or moving it) and no matter how the installer changes, as
long as it calls compileall.compile_dir() it should work. I'd like to change
inst/compilezpy.py to import this custom module instead of looking at the
standard library module (until perhaps I can have this merged into python's
CVS?).

What's the best way to submit patchs (esp. multi-file ones?)  Also, are you
going to (or have already) rebuild the binary packages for beta4 so linux
users can test them? Most people won't know about this bug, and it's too
small (and premature) to be a hotfix.

I should have something by the end of the weekend.

Eron