[Zope-dev] Re: Python 2.1.2 does not fix the signal 11 crashing problem !!!!!!!!!!!

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:12:13 -0500

Anthony Baxter wrote:

>>Anthony Baxter wrote:
>>

>>>In that case, how about cutting a version which is 2.4.3 + the compiler
>>>fixes? Crashes are bad, and it would be very nice to Make Them Go Away. :)
>>>
>>You already have that.  Check out the Zope-2_4-branch from CVS (see
>>http://dev.zope.org/CVS for info).  Now leave poor Matt alone :-)
>>

> I know - I do have this. Plenty of other people, tho, do NOT have the
> ability to build their own version of Zope. Requiring people to follow
> a somewhat arcane set of instructions and steps merely to get a stable
> version of Zope that doesn't crash strikes me as... odd.

It's not as uncommon as you make it sound; look at BerkeleyDB and the
Linux kernel. :-)

Anyway, Zope 2.4.4 is coming soon I'm sure.  The only difference is the
Python files in lib/python/RestrictedPython so you really don't even
have to recompile anything.

Shane