[Zope-dev] 2.5.0b4: how to deadlock/DoS your Data.fs

Pierre Fortin pfortin@pfortin.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 00:10:09 -0500

Hi,

I've been away from Zope for nearly two years and thought I'd give 2.5.0b4
a whirl...  instead, it's giving me a spinning head...

I have multiple sites and would like to give Zope another try...

When I first go into Zope at localhost:8080/manage, the first thing I
tried was to add a VirtualHostMonster (specifying all the fields)...  Big
mistake #1...  the Data.fs is toast -- no way to access it...

Re-install and try again...

This time, I try SiteRoot, specifying the fields:
  pfortin.com
  http://pfortin.com/
  /Z
Big mistake #2!

Re-install and try again...

This time, I do the same thing; but without specifying a
Base...  Big mistake #3!

In every case, I was left with an unusable Data.fs because the
http://localhost:8080/manage page was now pointing to non-existent data...

I'm off to do some more reading; but the intent was to try to setup 2
virtual hosts on localhost:8080 without disturbing the running hosts on
port 80...  but I ended up with deadlocked files since main screen points
to http://localhost:8080/<fubar>/manage* which are not setup.

Pierre