[Zope-dev] 2.5.0b4: how to deadlock/DoS your Data.fs

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 07:47:22 -0500

you're explaining the symptoms again, but i think the main issue here is
about reading the documentation.

take SiteRoot as an example. i type "siteroot" into the searchbox at zope.
org and already the first two hits talk about the _SUPPRESS_SITEROOT thing,
  the second one with an example even and telling byou to do this if you
lock yourself out. so the documentation is available.

as far as the Virtual Host Monster goes, it only "reacts" when it sees
specially rewritten URLs that ususally get set in your apache
configuration. it does not do anything if your zope itself listens on a
HTTP port and you enter the management interface that way.

just like with anything else, a software author cannot prevent people from
shooting themselves in the foot if they don't know what it is that they
are installing or how it really works.

jens