[Zope-dev] [BUG] Python 2.1.2 & Zope 2.4.1

Olivier Deckmyn odeckmyn.list@teaser.fr
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 17:45:16 +0100

Hi,

I decided to upgrade my Python 2.1.1 to Python 2.1.2 (in order to gently
move to 2.5 later).

My Zope instances were working quite fine....but...randomly I got a core
dump (!) and the following message in logs :

assertion "STACK_LEVEL() <= f->f_stacksize" failed: file "Python/ceval.c",
line 687

Bug seems to appear when playing with ZCatalog (CMF sites could'nt even
render a page) and Python scripts ?

After some hours of researches, I have a (dirty, really) fix :

I had to modify Python sources and hack line 687 in ceval.c  : I removed
it...
Then recompile and it seems to work. I know this is dirty, and my Zope my
crash later.

PLEASE CHECK and HELP !

This looks like a major serious bug to me.

Cheers,

Olivier.