[Zope-dev] [BUG] Python 2.1.2 & Zope 2.4.1

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
27 Jan 2002 16:52:01 -0200

What you just 'fixed' is an assertion against a memory corruption bug in
all Zope versions between 2.4.0 and 2.4.3, inclusive. Zope version 2.4.4
(which hasn't been released, Hey ZC! wake up! stabilizing 2.4 is more
important than releasing 2.5 in my book! Now that you've done the latter
can you care to do the former, please? :-), should fix your problem, as
would migrate to Zope 2.5.

Legend has it that the current 2.4 branch is exactly what 2.4.4 will be.
Check the archives for this mailing list (link below) for instructions
on how to take the current 2.4 branch from CVS.

BTW, Chris, what Olivier saw couldn't automatically lead him to
correlate with the other Zope crashes, since the other reports don't
mention the 'assertion' error message he saw, which he concluded was the
cause of his problems.

I'm really disappointed with ZC for putting out a new release of Zope
instead of a fixed version of the release most everyone is currently
using.

	Regards, Leo