[Zope-dev] Uploading an object's content via FTP

Gilles Lenfant gilles@objectis.net
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 18:49:09 +0200

Hi,

I made a CMF portal_type class based on python product.
This contains a Photoshop file and some dedicated related services.
Users may upload Photoshop files via HTTP.
This works with small files but when a user uploads a big file (8 Mb and =
more) through HTTP, this stalls the server.

So I need to provide the user an alternate way to upload the object's =
content with an FTP client.

Where should I start to get this working ? Examples somewhere ?

How can I programmatically know the port number for Zope FTP ?

How can I catch "FTP upload complete" event ?

Thanks in advance.

--Gilles