[Zope-dev] bad bare except in PageTemplateFile.py

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 00:08:51 +0100

lib/python/Products/PageTemplateFile.py, line 110, method _cook_check

         try:    mtime=os.stat(self.filename)[8]
         except: mtime=0

I've just spent an hour or so tracking down an awkward bug in some
unit-tests. The true error was being hidden by this bare except.

I'd change it, and commit the change, except that I don't know what it
is supposed to be catching. Any hints?

Actually, I'd rather just remove the try: except: and let os.stat fail
if it is going to fail. Any objections?

(of course there will be... even bare excepts were put there for some
reason...)

--
Steve Alexander