[Zope-dev] Zope hangs, with processes being idle ... (rather urgent problem)

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno.de
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:00:47 +0200

Hi!

I have a Zope 2.5.1 using ZEO on Linux, with Apache as proxy server. The two
ZEO clients run fine for a couple of hours, and then suddenly one of them
stops responding. It's the type of Zope hangs when all processes are fine,
but ZServer just doesn't respond (load is very low, with the CPU 90% idle,
so it is not a performance issue or recursion problem).

There is no error before this situation happens. The processes just don't
respond any more. The second ZEO keeps running, but that machine also hangs
from time to time, so I guess ZEO is not the problem, and the hardware or
any Linux-specific problems aren't either.

When the ZServer hangs, I can not access it directly, so it is no problem
with the Apache.

You see, I don't have any clue on what is happening here. The servers worked
fine for months, and I don't know what specific change could have caused the
problem.

How can such a situation be debugged?

Cheers

Joachim