[Zope-dev] Refresh makes all imported modules = None

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 19:36:54 +0000 (UTC)

Shane Hathaway  <shane@zope.com> wrote:
> William Trenker wrote:
> > Lennart Regebro wrote:
> >
> >> Suddenly when I refresh products it seems that all imported modules in
> >> the refreshed product are set to None, because after a refresh,
> >> anything I try to do always ends up with an error message like "None
> >> has no attribute foobar" or "None is not callable",
> >

> > I get this problem too (specifically, "None is not callable").  I've had
> > to solve it by brute force -- shutting down Zope and restarting.  (Zope
> > 2.5.1 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python 2.1.3, win32)
> > After the restart, the product works fine.
>
> This happens when you create references to the product outside the
> product.  Most Zope products don't need to.  Those that do (like
> CallProfiler and other monkey patch products) should not be considered
> refreshable.

It happens to me also. I have a product who uses as a base class
something defined in another product. When I refresh the second product,
I have to refresh the first one afterwards.

Florent