[Zope-dev] Testing Zope Products with Python Debugger

William Trenker wtrenker@shaw.ca
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 20:32:14 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_G4MhM8WWlrXFhieRluoYYA)

I've read the various tutorials and have successfully used Zope with the
Python debugger.  But, of course, I can't have my production Zope running
and the debugger running at the same time unless I get Zeo going.  But is
there another way?  Is it possible to start Zope in the debugger but have
it open a different data.fs file for testing?  (I only have one computer
and have to keep a small, Zope-driven web site running 24/7 as well as do
development on a new Zope Database Adapter.)

I've looked into the Zeo How-To and feel a little overwhelmed.  And I
suspect it is probably asking a bit too much of one Celeron 400 with
Windows 98 to have all that running.  What do you think?  (Sorry, but "get
Linux" or "get another computer" would be great, but aren't on my immediate
horizon.)

Thanks,
Bill

"The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart. The
commands of the LORD are clear, giving insight to life . . . For this is
the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are
not burdensome." (Psalm 19:8, 1John
5:3)    <http://torahteacher.com/>torahteacher.com

--Boundary_(ID_G4MhM8WWlrXFhieRluoYYA)

---