[Zope-dev] Testing Zope Products with Python Debugger

Wed, 5 Jun 2002 07:47:10 +0100

On Wednesday 05 Jun 2002 4:32 am, William Trenker wrote:

> And I
> suspect it is probably asking a bit too much of one Celeron 400 with
> Windows 98 to have all that running.  What do you think?=20

One Zope using a ZEO server on the same machine is going to take only=20
marginally more resources than a non-ZEO Zope alone.

Two Zopes using one ZEO server is going to use less resources than two Zo=
pes=20
not using ZEO.

> (Sorry, but "get
> Linux" or "get another computer" would be great, but aren't on my immed=
iate
> horizon.)

No need. Windows 98 is more than adequate.

The only thing you might be short of is memory. You could try:
1. Removing any unnecessary products.=20
2. Reducing the size of the zodb memory cache using Control Panel.
3. Reducing the number of publisher threads using the -t command line swi=
tch.
   (each thread gets its own memory cache)
4. Upgrading to the current CVS of Zope
   (which is more strict about sticking to the cache size limits, and mor=
   efficient with a small cache )
5. get some more memory.