[Zope-dev] Zope stops responding (Threads still present)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 09:04:41 +0200

Ahsan Imam writes:
 >    Zope stops responding to requests, however when I check the zope
 > process I see seven threads plus watchdog thread. ( ps auxww | grep z2
 > ). I am not sure why it stops responding.
I have seen this, too. But up to now only on Solaris.
You appear to run on Linux?

In my case, the problem disappeared almost completely, when I periodically
checked Zope for availability. I made the funny sentence: Zope does not
like to be lazy...

It might also be a resource problem: some scares resource (e.g. a
file descriptor) is not freed. If you are lucky, you may see
some entry in Zope's log file (search mailing list archives
for "STUPID_LOG_FILE") or it standard output/error (redirect them
to files).

Dieter