[Zope-dev] How-to : Defining custom DTML-tags ??

Thomas Weholt Thomas@gatsoft.no
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:35:48 +0200

I want to create a custom DTML-tag. How/where do I start ?

My goal is to create a way to define a form and validate the input ( that
integers are valid, required fields filled out etc. ) using Javascript in
the browser and
and on the server side after posting. Any thoughts ?

I was thinking something along the lines of :

<dtml-form name="form1">
   <dtml-field input="text" name="name" type="string" required=1>
   <dtml-field input="text" name="email" type="string">
   <dtml-field input="select" name="programming_language">
       <dtml-selectOption>Python</dtml-selectOption>
       <dtml-selectOption>Perl</dtml-selectOption>
       <dtml-selectOption>C</dtml-selectOption>
   </dtml-field>
  <dtml-field input="checkbox" name="recieve_spam" checked=1>
  <dtml-field input="submit" caption="Done">
</dtml-form>

Any info on how to define your own custom dtml-tags *in python* would be
highly appreciated. Anyhow, if the functionality I'm looking for is somehow
allready available I'll consentrate on something else.

Best regards,
Thomas Weholt