[Zope-dev] Last-modified and bobobase_modification_time

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 14:05:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Chris Withers wrote:
> Why do you think that? Surely all zope users will care about this? ;-)
> Besides, that's not the point, re-read Casey's email more carefully...
>
> > Although I'm new to Zope, I'm not new to mailing list. I know the
> > mailing list rule but I just don't agree with your classification of my
> > question.
>
> Well, I second Casey's opinion :-P

Well, there's two aspects to this.  The first one is the quesiton of
*why* the last modified header is currently that of the outermost
page template.  That's a zope@zope.org question.  The second is
the question of whether or not that is the "right" behavior, and what
it would take to make Zope smarter such that the last modified header
would actually be accurate.  The answer to that may be, "there is no
implementable algorithm that will work".  That question still probably
doesn't belong on zope-dev, though, but instead on zope3-dev <grin>.

--RDM