[Zope-dev] problems with accented characters - need advice

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:44:34 +0200

Eric Brun writes:
 > we are looking for a simple solution to ensure that objects added to the zope database have valid names... including those which start out containing accented characters ( we are in europe ).
I would get rid of the id restriction...

  In fact, there is no real reason that Zope ids must be valid
  URL path elements.

The reason why it is still there is that a change should work for
all languages and not only western ones. This poses the question
how the byte string representing the id your should be URL quoted.

A good solution must probably wait until Zope id's are Unicode
strings.

Dieter