[Zope-dev] Error by using libraries with an external method

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
21 Jun 2002 12:15:05 -0300

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 11:37, Juliette Colmant wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a problem using libraries with Zope. I have a
> C++ program. I made some libraries to be able to call
> it with Python. When I use just Python it works. But
> when I call my Python script with a Zope External
> method i doesn't work. The error message I get is :
>
> Zope Error
>
> Zope has encountered an error while publishing this
> resource.
>
> Error Type: ImportError
> Error Value: ./test.so: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory

You probably need to put your library in the PYTHONPATH of Zope. The
usual place is <zope-root>/lib/python2.1/site-packages

Putting it in the Extesions directory, so that it can be imported by
external methods, doesn't seem to work, even if you put Extensions in
the PYTHONPATH, at least in my experience.

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.